The Prairieland Detention Center is Emerald Correctional Management’s newest facility located in Alvarado, Texas.
Warden Marcello Villegas joined Emerald Correctional Management in March 2003. As the Warden, Mr. Villegas has the responsibility for the operation, management, security and control of the facility.
Warden Villegas has held several positions within Emerald, including Chief of Security, Captain of Transport, Lieutenant, Sargent and Correctional Officer. He holds many certifications, and has a superior record for exceptional jail inspections.
Visitation is provided within a designated area from the hours of 8:00am to 7:30pm, seven days a week. There are specific rooms for contact visitation and family visitation. You will be allowed two (2) adult visitors at one visit. Visitors under the age of 17 may be limited in number, depending on available seating. If there are more visitors than can be accommodated in the visiting room, it may be necessary to limit the number of visitors.
Male, Medium Low and Low Detainees 8:00am – 10:00am, Daily
Male, Medium High and High Detainees 10:15am – 12:15pm, Daily
Female Medium Low and Low Detainees 1:00pm – 3:00pm, Daily
Female Medium High and High Detainees 3:15pm – 5:15pm, Daily
Transgender Detainees 5:30pm – 7:30pm, Daily
Visitation Rules for Detainees
- Detainees cannot wear jewelry of any kind with the exception of a wedding ring and watch. Wedding rings and watches must be shown to the visitation officer upon entering the area, prior to visit. All other items will be confiscated as contraband.
- Detainees cannot wear any headgear.
- Detainees are not allowed to bring any items into the visitation area. Any item brought into the visitation area will be confiscated as contraband.
- Detainees are allowed to hug and kiss their visitor one time when they arrive and one time when they leave.
- The only other contact allowed is holding hands on top of the table and the holding of small children.
- Inappropriate contact may be cause for termination of the visit.
- Seating will be assigned for visitors and detainees.
- A detainee will not pass any item to his or her visitor or to another detainee.
- Detainees will not be loud or boisterous during visits. This will ensure that no detainee or visitor disturbs any other person in the visitation area. Small children must be controlled during visitation.
- Shift Supervisors may modify visitation length or hours depending upon available space or other needs to ensure the safety of all involved.
- Visits may be terminated for violation of these rules or for any behavior deemed inappropriate.
- Detainees may be pat searched prior to a visit. Detainees will be pat searched following each visit.
Visitation Rules for Visitors
All visitors and detainees must adhere to visitation rules, regulations, and guidelines. It is the responsibility of the detainee to notify visitors of these rules prior to any visitation.
Mail will need to have a complete return address on all incoming and outgoing mail. The first and last name, identification number, and facility address. Our address and phone number is:
Prairieland Detention Center (PDC)
1209 Sunflower Lane
Alvarado, Texas 76009
Detainee mail must have the correct mailing address and include their name and identification number on envelopes. This will prevent a mistake if we have two people with the same names. If we cannot identify the detainee that the mail is intended for, the mail will be returned to the sender.
All incoming packages must have prior approval before they are sent here. Detainees must fill out a request form to the Property Officer and if approved, the detainee may contact whomever to send it. Detainees must allow three (3) business days for a response. All packages that are not approved will be returned to the sender. All incoming packages are for release day only.
Packages containing unauthorized items will be sent back to the sender at the detainee’s expense. A written notice shall be sent to the detainee and to the sender by the official authorizing censorship or rejection of incoming mail. It is the detainee’s responsibility to inform those persons sending packages of these requirements so that they do not send items that have not been approved.
Detainees are required to fill out a Detainee Request Form if requesting approval to receive clothing for release. Detainees may request clothes to be mailed to this facility. Large suitcases or bags will not be authorized unless they are collapsible. The following clothing type items for release are authorized:
- 1 Set of release clothing
- 1 Pair of shoes
- 3 Undershirts, boxers or briefs, and socks
Extra luggage for travel must be requested through your ICE Deportation Officer for approval. If approved, arrangements will be made to have your luggage delivered to the Dallas Field Office prior to your removal.
Easy Options to Fund Inmate Accounts
Funds available within 24 hours! Send money 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Trust/Commissary Deposit Options:
TOLL FREE PHONE: 1-866-232-1899
TOUCHPAY KIOSK: Located in the Facility Lobby
PAY IN CASH LOCALLY: www.touchpayonline.com/walkinretail
INFORMATION REQUIRED: Detainee Name & Detainee ID#
Prairieland Detention Center, Facility # 276009
THERE IS A FEE TO USE THIS SERVICE
CASH, VISA, MASTERCARD
ONLINE DETAINEE LOCATOR SYSTEM
The Online Detainee Locator System (ODLS) is a public system available on the Internet that allows family members, legal representatives, and members of the public, to locate immigration detainees who are in ICE detention. To use the ODLS, please visit http://www.ice.gov/locator.
Dallas Field Office Main Telephone Line: (214) 424-7800
Attorney Visit Information:
Attorney Visits are Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 and 5. Attorneys will be allowed a maximum of 1 hour per visit.
Steps for Attorneys:
- An Attorney must setup an account on gettingout.com.
- An email and phone number are required to set up the account.
- Once completed the Attorney must contact the facility prior to scheduling a visit. If this step is skipped the visits may be recorded and will not be scheduled as Free visits.
- Contact the facility at 817-409-3995, Monday – Friday 8 to 5. Ask for the Programs Department. A Case Manager will take the information.
- To schedule a visit log on to your account on www.gettingout.com
- Choose Schedule a Visit.
- Choose Prairieland Detention Center from site list
- Choose the Detainee you want to visit
- For the first time you will have to type in the Detainee’s name
- For each subsequent visit the Detainee’s name will appear on your contact list. Click on the Detainee’s name.
- Choose a date and time from the available list.
- For the first time visiting a Detainee select ‘Suggest Visit time’
- For each subsequent visit select ‘Book Visit Now’
- Visits must be scheduled 24 hours in advance. If you schedule a same day visit the detainee will not be available.
- Free Visits may not be scheduled more than a week in advance.